How to make an easy DIY wedding invitation with glitter details
DIY wedding invitations don’t get much better than this. For just a small amount of money and a little bit of time, you can easily recreate these beautiful invitations at home. Adding a glitter belly band with a monogram front tag is both an elegant and practical solution. The belly band allows you to neatly add additional information, RSVP cards etc. in a chic yet practical and cost effective way. This is one of my favourite DIY makes for a long time. I hope you love it too.
I love the champagne glitter card against the pearlised ivory. But this is an easy design to customise. Just choose alternative card colours to suit your theme. Add in as many inserts as you want; add an embellishment or some ribbon. It’s super easy.
Why not give it a go?
For Each Invitation You Will Need:
1 Sheet of Champagne Charm Glitter Card
1.5 Sheets of Pearlised Ivory Card
High Tack Tape
…..if you would like us to print the inserts for you, CLICK HERE
(for each invitation you will need to select 1 x Printed and Trimmed A4 Sheet
TIP – Change the card colour to coordinate with your theme.
If you’re not big on reading instructions, we’ve put together a video to show you how it’s done. (just press play)……
You’ll also need to download this template…..
We used the following font:
Milton One and Copperplate Gothic Light
So Here Are The Instructions……
- Download the following template:
Type your wording in the spaces provided. Make sure you check that the spelling, grammar and layout are all correct. You will also need to check that the times, dates and locations are all included.
We used the following fonts….
Edwardian Script and Mrs Eaves Petit Caps
- Print the wording onto your Pearlised Ivory A4 Card.
- Use your paper trimmer to cut just inside the guidelines so that each item is the following size:
INVITATION – 18cm x 12cm
RSVP – 11cm x 8.5cm
FRONT TAG – 5cm x 5cm
- Use your paper Trimmer to cut your Glitter Card to the following sizes:
Invitation Backing – 18.5cm x 12.5cm
Front Band – 17cm x 2.5cm
RSVP – 11.5cm x 9cm
Front Tag Outer Layer – 6.5cm x 6.5cm
Front Tag Middle Layer – 5.5cm x 5.5cm
- Use your paper trimmer to cut a piece of Pearlised Ivory Card 18.5cm x 12.5cm. This will be the backing to your glitter card base.
- Take the Front Band (cut out of Glitter Card) and place it face down on a flat surface. Place the Invitation Backing (cut out of glitter card) face down on top of the front band. At this point, you shouldn’t be able to see any glitter as it will be facing your flat surface.
Position the invitation backing so that the front band is in the centre.
- Carefully fold the loose ends of the front band in towards the centre of the card. Press them firmly to form a crease. Now use high tack tape to stick the loose ends in place at the back of the panel. This should form a band around the front of the card.
- To make the back look neat, take the large piece of Ivory Card that you cut and stick this to the back of the glitter card panel using high tack tape.
- To make the front tag, use high tack tape to stick the smaller square panel of glitter card onto the larger square panel of glitter card. Then use high tack tape to stick the printed front tag on to the middle layer of glitter card. As you do this, make sure that your borders are nice and even.
- Place your tag face down on a flat surface. Run 2 lines of tape across the centre of the back (following the direction of the text). Carefully stick this in to place in the front centre of your glitter band.
- Slot your pre-cut invitation in between the glitter card and the belly band.
- Use high tack tape to stick the printed RSVP panel onto the Glitter RSVP backing.
Slot this into place on top of the RSVP card.
And you’re done…..super easy and super chic.