Flocked Wedding Invitations with Bow – Make Yourself from just £1.41*
For Each Invitation You Will Need:
1 Renaissance Flock Invitation Wallet
1 Invitation Insert
65cm of 38mm Satin Ribbon in Wine (1 roll will make appx. 15 invitations)
1 x 6mm self adhesive pearl
1 x Envelope
1 x Printed Insert (optional)
You will also need a scissors!
These stunning DIY wedding invitations just ooze luxury and style. The large satin bow works fantastically well with the textured flock invitation, creating a really opulent feel.
If you want to make your own wedding invitations and you can tie your shoe lace, you can make these with ease.
And what’s more, if you’d like us to, we’ll even do the printing for you (at a small additional cost).
To change the colour of the ribbon, please send us an e-mail.
If you’re not big on reading instructions, we’ve put together a quick video to show you how it’s done (just press play)……
You’ll also need to download this template…..
So Here Are The Instructions……
- Add all the item you need in to your basket and wait excitedly for them to arrive (don’t worry….they normally arrive really quickly!!). If you would like us to print the inserts for you, make sure you purchase the inserts PLUS the printing option for the amount of invitations you require.
- Download the Flocked Invitation Insert Template . Type your wording in the printable area. If you’re printing your own inserts, you should now be ready to print and move on to the next step.
If you have chosen to have your inserts printed by Imagine DIY, save your file and e-mail it to us as as JPEG or PDF document including your order number in the subject header. We will complete the printing within 5 working days and your full order will be sent to you ready for you to assemble. Please see the notes below for more information.
- Cut a length of ribbon appx. 65cm long (4 times the width of your invitation). Lay your ribbon on a flat surface and place your invitation wallet on top so that it sits roughly in the middle. Bring both ends of the ribbon around to the front of the card and tie a double knot. Once you have a double knot, you can now tie a bow……tie it just like you tie your shoe laced…..I like the “loop, swoop and pull” technique. The first few times you tie a bow can be a bit tricky but the most important thing is to play around with it until your happy with the overall size and shape. If you’ve never done this before, I recommend watching the attached video and copying the technique I have used.
- Use a sharp scissors to cut off the excess ends of ribbon. It always looks nicer if you cut the ends into an inverted “V” shape as shown.
- Place your insert inside the Invitation wallet.
- Peel off a self adhesive pearl and stick in to place on the insert (just above the “V” of the wallet)
- Reposition your bow so that it looks nice and pretty.
…..Sit back and admire the fabulous DIY wedding invitations you’ve just made!
More Information On The Printed Inserts:
If you’re not confident in printing your own inserts, we thought you’d be delighted to find out that we now offer a printing service for many of our invitations.
If you’ve chosen to pay for us to print your inserts, here is some more information you might need:
(Please note that for Printed Inserts, we need a minimum order quantity of 10)
1 – We will pack your order as soon as we receive it. However, it will not be sent until we have printed your inserts. We aim to print and send completed orders within 5 working days of receipt of the wording file.
2 – Once you have downloaded the template for your invitations, you will need to enter your wording. It is important that you THOROUGHLY check all the details including names, time, date, location etc. are included and correct. We also recommend that you thoroughly check the spelling, grammar and layout. Once you are happy with everything, save the file in a PDF or JPEG format. Please note that we will print the files exactly as they arrive so we are unable to accept responsibility for any errors that you might make in the text. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the document thoroughly before sending it through to us.
3 – E-mail the saved file to us making sure that you include the order number and the word PRINT in the subject header.
4 – Once all this is done, you can sit back and get all excited about being one step closer to your big day……hooray!!!!
* £1.41 Make yourself price includes invitation, insert, ribbon and self adhesive pearl.