DIY Winter Pocket Invitations
For Each Invitation You Will Need:
1 x Booklet Pocket Invitation in White
1 x Neve Charm
1/3 sheet of Snowflake Embossed Paper (1 sheet will make 3 invitations)
1/2 sheet of Silver Glitter Card (1 sheet will make 2 invitations)
1 Elsa Crystal Snowflake Sticker (1 pack will make 6 invitations)
2 x Sheets of Pearlised White Paper
1 1/2 sheet of Pearlised White Card (3 sheets will make 2 invitations)
20cm of 38mm White Satin Ribbon (1 roll will make 45 invitations)
PaperTrimmer (you only need one of these!)
Hot Melt Glue Gun (you only need one of these!)
Glue Sticks (1 glue stick will make appx. 20 invitations)
Tape Runner (1 tape runner will stick appx. 20 invitations)
If you’re like me and love all things winter, this is the invitation for you. It’s stylish, charming and manages to capture the essence of winter without being cheesy. We love it!
Pocket invitations are a fabulous way of combining your invitation with any information that you want to convey to your guests. The neat inside pocket holds all your information in a neat and stylish way.
This invitation is not too difficult to make but it does take a little bit more time than our other designs; simply because you have the additional information sheets inside the pocket.
If you love this design but are not too keen on the pocket (or just don’t need it), it’s a really easy one to change to a straightforward fold-out card. If you’d like to do this and don’t know how, e-mail us for details.
If you’re not big on reading instructions, we’ve put together a quick video to show you how it’s done (just press play)……
You’ll also need to download these templates…..
So Here Are The Instructions……
Instructions (product details for each colour show below)
- Download the Templates for the INVITATION and FRONT PANEL and also for the RSVP and GUEST INFORMATION . Type your wording in to the printable area and print on to the Pearlised White Paper.
- Using the guides provided, trim the printed panels with the paper trimmer so that they are the following sizes:
Front Panel – 14.6cm wide x 6cm high
Invitation Panel – 10.5cm x 10.5cm
Guest Information – 13.5cm x 13.5cm
RSVP – 10.5cm wide x 8cm high
- Cut a piece of Snowflake Embossed Paper 14.6cm wide x 8.5cm high. Use your tape runner to stick this on to the top front of your pocket invitation.
- Stick the printed Front Panel to the bottom of the pocket invitation (so that it sits underneath the embossed snowflake paper)
- Cut a piece of 38mm White Satin Ribbon 20cm long. Cut one end in to a point and thread it through the Neve (snowflake) Charm. Thread the charm along the ribbon so that it sits in the centre. Holding the snowflake in position, turn the card so that it faces down. Pull both ends of the ribbon around to the inside of the card and use the glue gun to secure the loose ends. Make sure that the charm sits in the centre and that the ribbon covers the join between the printed panel and the embossed paper.
- Cut a piece of Silver Glitter Card 14cm x 14cm. Use your tape runner to stick this to the inside panel of your invitation.
- Cut a piece of Pearlised White Card 11cm x 11cm. Stick this to the centre of the silver glitter card.
- Stick the Invitation Panel on top of the Pearlised White Card to form a layered effect.
- Cut a piece of Pearlised White card 14cm x 14cm. Use your tape runner to stick the Printed Guest information on top of the card. Slot this inside the invitation pocket.
- Cut a piece of Pearlised White card 11cm x 8.5cm. Use your tape runner to stick the Printed RSVP panel on top of the card. Slot this inside the invitation pocket.
- Peel off an Elsa Crystal Snowflake Sticker and place this at the bottom of the pocket (see image below)
1 – If you are printing on to pearlised card, you will need to use a laser printer. If you are using an inkjet, we recommend swapping the pearlised card for matt card)