How To Make …. Glamorous Wallet Invitations
If you love a bit of glam, this invitation is the perfect blend of sparkle and chic. The subtle metallic organza ribbon sits beautifully against the silver glitter, with a stunning embellishment to set it all off in style.
The pocket style wallet is perfect for adding additional information such as RSVP cards and guest information sheets. But it also works perfectly with just an invitation.
I’ve chosen to use a silver glitter with champagne ribbon and a silver and champagne crystal embellishment. I have to say that I’m pretty pleased with the results. But don’t be afraid to change this design to suit your wedding. Replacing the ribbon, changing the embellishment or choosing an alternative pocket are just some of the ways you can customise this design to make it work perfectly for your big day. Why not give it a go?
So here goes …… lets see how its made.
For Each Invitation You Will Need:
1 x Square Glitter Wallet in Silver
40cm of Gold Sparkle Ribbon (50mm width)
1 x Monaco Embellishment
3 x pearlised white insert cards
1/2 sheet Silver Glitter Card
Double Sided Tape
Hot Melt Glue Gun
…..if you would like us to print the inserts for you, CLICK HERE
If you’re not big on reading instructions, we’ve put together a video to show you how it’s done. (just press play)……
You’ll also need to download this template…..
(I used the fonts EDWARDIAN SCRIPT and COPPERPLATE)
So Here Are The Instructions……
PRINTING AND CUTTING
- Download the following templates:
I have used the fonts Edwardian Script and Copperplate.
- Type your wording in the spaces provided. Make sure you check that the spelling, grammar and layout are all correct. You will also need to check that the times, dates and locations are all included.
- Print your wording onto your 14.5cm card panel and use a paper trimmer to trim to the following size:
Invitation – 8.5cm x 8.5cm
- Cut 2 of the pearlised white insert card panels to following size:
14cm x 14cm
- Cut a piece of a piece of Silver Glitter Card to the following size:
9.5cm x 9.5cm
- Cut a 6cm length of the Gold Sparkle Ribbon. Then use a scissors to cut a strip appx. 1cm wide.
- Take one of the larger card panels and run a small line of glue (about 1.5cm long) from the top centre of your card, straight down towards the middle.
- White the glue is still wet, fold your ribbon in half to form a loop and press it on top of the glue. The glue should seep through both ends of the ribbon, holding it in place.
- Place double sided tape around all sides of the card panel and across the middle. Then take the second card panel and press it in to place on top of the tape.
- Take your pre-cut glitter card panel and use double sided tape to stick it in to place in the centre of your layered card panel.
- Finally, use double sided tape to stick the pre-printed invitation panel on top of the glitter card.
- You should now have a completed invitation that is ready to slot inside the wallet invitation.
- Hold one end of the ribbon at the front centre of your wallet. Wrap the loose end around the wallet until both ends meet back up at the front centre. Trim the ribbon so that it overlaps by about 1cm.
- Adjust the ribbon so that one end sits in the front centre of the wallet. Lift up the end of the ribbon and place a circle of glue right (from the hot melt glue gun) right in the centre of the wallet). Place the centre of the ribbon on top of the glue and then pinch both sides of the ribbon in towards the centre, pressing it in to the glue as you go. This should form a gathered effect.
- Once you are happy with one side, wrap the ribbon around the card. Place a circle of glue right next to the ribbon you’ve just stick in place and repeat the above process to create a gathered effect on the other side of the ribbon.
- Once you’re happy, use a scissors to trim off any excess ribbon.
- Place a some glue from your glue gun onto the back of your embellishment. Press firmly into place on top of the gathered ribbon. Hold it into place until the glue has dried (just a few seconds).
And you’re stunning invitation is finished! You should feel really proud of yourself …… i do!!!