How To Make …. Modern DIY Wedding Invitations
For each invitation you will need:
1 sheet of Rose Gold Glitter Card
1 sheet of Chocolate Glitter Paper
1 sheet of Pearlised Ivory A4 Card
(please note that if you are using an inkjet printer,
you will need to use a Matt Card instead of pearlised)
1 x Crystal and Pearl Round in Rose Gold
30cm of Metallic Snakeskin Ribbon in Rose Gold
You will also need a sharp scissors
You’ll also need to download this template…..
Making your own wedding invitations and wedding stationery has become a really fun thing to do. What better way to put your personal touch on your big day and set the scene right from the get go? There are so many different styles of invitations to choose from. We wanted to show you how a really contemporary look can be achieved with relative ease. Because Autumn is approaching, we’ve put this design together in beautiful Autumnal shades. However, just by changing the colours or choosing an alternative ribbon, you can dramatically change the appearance of this fabulous design. Have a go at home and see how easy it is to achieve fabulous results.
- Cut Your Card and Paper to the following sizes:
– Rose Gold Glitter Card – 14cm x 21cm
– Chocolate Glitter Paper – 11cm x 18cm
– Pearlised Ivory Card – 14cm x 21cm and
10.5cm x 17.5cm
- Fill in the template and print your wording on to the smallest card panel.
- Cut a 12cm piece of Metallic Snakeskin Ribbon in Rose Gold. Use your tape runner to run 3 lines of tape across the invitation panel where you will be placing your ribbon. You will need to do this carefully to make sure that the tape does not show when you press your ribbon in place. Press your ribbon firmly in place on top of the tape. Use a sharp scissors to trim off any overlapping ribbon.
- Use your tape runner to stick the Rose Gold Glitter Card on to the Largest Pearlised Ivory Card Panel
- Use your tape runner to stick the Chocolate Glitter Paper on to the Rose Gold Glitter Card. Make sure that the borders are even.
- Use your tape runner to stick the invitation panel on top of the Chocolate Glitter Paper. It is helpful to add a tiny amount of glue from the glue gun across the back (behind the ribbon) to give it a bit of extra strength.
- Cut a piece of Metallic snakeskin ribbon 14cm long. Place the ribbon on a flat surface with the back of the ribbon facing you (the pattern should not be visible). Find the centre of the ribbon and use your glue gun to run a line of glue from the top to the bottom of the ribbon. Quickly fold over one side of the ribbon and press the end in to place at the back of the ribbon to form a loop. You will need to repeat this process to form a second loop at the other side. If you open up the loops, you should end up with a figure of 8 shape.
- Use the glue gun to run a line of glue along the join. While the glue is still hot, press the bow in to place at the centre of the ribbon. Use the glue gun to secure both ends of the bow in to place about 1cm in from each end. Open up the loops a little to create a 3d effect.
- Use your glue gun to stick the crystal and pearl embellishment to the middle of the bow.