How To Make…Silver Glitter Invitation With Heart
When Sam asked us if he could use supplies from Imagine DIY to make his Wedding Invitations, we were delighted. We made arrangements for Sam and his fiancé Angharad along with their creative friend Jen to come in to the offices and play around with our gorgeous range of products. Working for a DIY wedding stationery company, the pressure was on!! Sam had to come up with something good, and let’s face it, he didn’t disappoint! And here it is – our pretty Silver Glitter Invitation.
We were delighted to actually receive an invitation to the wedding (yay). When we opened the invitation, we were really blown away by how beautiful it was. They managed to create a really pretty and elegant invitation with just the right touch of bling.
As soon as I saw it, I knew that I wanted to add it to the website. Imagine how pleased I was when they agreed to allow me to write a design guide for their creation.
Change it up a bit by choosing a different colour pocket, ribbon or embellishment to create something completely unique for your wedding.
To Make This Sparkling Invitation, Here’s what you need:
|1 x Square Wallet Invitation in Silver Glitter||BUY|
|1 x Dior Bow in Silver||BUY|
|1x Cupid Heart||BUY|
|1row of Horizon Crystal Stickers||BUY|
|1/2 sheet pearlised silver card||BUY|
|1/2 sheet pearlised white card||BUY|
You Might Also Need:
|Crop a Dile Corner Chomper||BUY|
|Hot Melt Glue Gun||BUY|
- Cut a piece of pearlised silver card 14cm x 14cm
- Print your wording on a sheet of Pearlised White Card and cut down to size. Remember to leave a gap large enough for your row of Horizon Crystal Stickers. The finished size of the invitation panel should be 13cm x 13cm.
- Use your corner chomper to round the edges of the silver card and the invitation panel.
- Stick the invitation panel to the silver card using double sided tape or a tape runner.
- Peel off a row of Horizon Crystals and stick in to place on the invitation.
- Slide the invitation inside the pocket.
- Use your glue gun to stick the front of the bow in to place on the invitation wallet (see image). Wrap the edges of the ribbon around to the back and secure in place using the glue. Use a sharp scissors to trim off any excess ribbon
- Use your glue gun to stick the Cupid Heart on to the middle of the Dior Bow.