Regency Invitation with Glitter – Make yourself from just £1.92
For Each Invitation You Will Need:
1 x Silver Glitter Card Panel – 13.5cm x 21cm
1 x Matt Wine Red Card Panel – 12.5cm x 20cm
1 x Matt Off White Card Panel – 11.5cm x 19cm
1 x Abigail Embellishment
20cm of 38mm Wine Ribbon. (1 roll will make 50 invitations)
1 x Climbing Rose envelope
1 x High Tack Double Sided Tape
1 x Hot Melt Glue Gun
Regency is definitely a great name for this invitation. It conjures up feelings of style and elegance. Nobody would ever believe you made these yourself.
This beautiful invitation as all about colours and layers. We love the Silver against the richness of the burgundy. But if don’t worry………if you love the design but the colours just don’t hit the mark for you; it’s really easy to customise. Just get in touch and we’ll do our best to help.
This beautiful invitation is easy to make but does require a few techniques that you will need to practise before setting yourself loose on your actual invitations. Using a hot melt glue gun can take a little practise but once you’ve started using it, it will be your crafting friend for life!
If you don’t have a printer, you don’t need to worry……we can print and cut the inserts for you (see below for details).
The Regency Invitation is also available as a KIT
If you’re not big on reading instructions, we’ve put together a video to show you how it’s done. Because the ribbon and embellishment are a little more complicated to apply, we’ve added a voice over that will also explain the techniques as you follow along. (just press play)……
You’ll also need to download this template…..
We used the following fonts:
Aligot de Mirabelle & Mrs Eaves Petit Caps
So Here Are The Instructions……
- Add all the item you need in to your basket and wait excitedly for them to arrive (don’t worry….they normally arrive really quickly!!). If you would like us to print the inserts for you, make sure you purchase the inserts PLUS the printing option for the amount of invitations you require.
- Download the Invitation Template . Type your wording in the printable areas. (We used the following fonts……..Aligot de Mirabelle & Mrs Eaves Petit Caps). If you’re printing your own inserts, you should now be ready to print and move on to the next step.
If you have chosen to have your inserts printed by Imagine DIY, save your file and e-mail it to us as as JPEG or PDF document including your order number in the subject header. We will complete the printing within 5 working days and your full order will be sent to you ready for you to assemble. Please see the notes below for more information.
- Plug your glue gun in because it takes a few minutes to warm up.
- Place high tack double sided tape around the edges and down the centre of the Wine Red card panel. Peel off the backing of the tape and stick into place on top of the Silver Glitter Card Panel. Make sure that all your borders are even. Once you are happy with the position, press it firmly in to place.
- Cut a 20cm length of ribbon.
- Place your printed invitation on a flat surface. In the gap underneath the bride and gores names, find the centre and use your glue gun to add a small circle of glue. Working quickly, find the middle of the ribbon and press in to place on top of the glue. Once the ribbon is in place, quickly pinch it in at the middle so that it gathers in at each side.
- Turn your card over and use your glue gun to stick the loose ends of ribbon to the back of the invitation panel. Use a sharp scissors to cut off any excess ribbon.
- Place your invitation panel face down and run lines of high tack double sided tape around the edges and across the middle. Peel off the backing of the tape. Stick into place on top of the Wine Red Card Panel. Make sure that all your borders are even. Once you are happy with the position, press it firmly in to place.
- With the back of the Abigail embellishment facing you, run a line of glue around the outside edge and place a blob of glue in the centre. Quickly stick the embellishment in to place in the centre of your ribbon, making sure you press it down firmly.
…..and that’s it!! Sit back ….. your work here is done!!!! Yay!
More Information On The Printed Inserts:
If you’re not confident in printing your own inserts, we thought you’d be delighted to find out that we now offer a printing service for many of our invitations.
If you’ve chosen to pay for us to print your inserts, here is some more information you might need:
(Please note that for Printed Inserts, we need a minimum order quantity of 10)
1 – We will pack your order as soon as we receive it. However, it will not be sent until we have printed your inserts. We aim to print and send completed orders within 5 working days of receipt of the wording file.
2 – Once you have downloaded the template for your invitations, you will need to enter your wording. It is important that you THOROUGHLY check all the details including names, time, date, location etc. are included and correct. We also recommend that you thoroughly check the spelling, grammar and layout. Once you are happy with everything, save the file in a PDF or JPEG format. Please note that we will print the files exactly as they arrive so we are unable to accept responsibility for any errors that you might make in the text. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the document thoroughly before sending it through to us.
3 – E-mail the saved file to us making sure that you include the order number and the word PRINT in the subject header.
4 – Once all this is done, you can sit back and get all excited about being one step closer to your big day……hooray!!!!
* £1.92 Make yourself price includes Glitter Card Panel, Wine Red Card Panel, Matt off White Card Panel, Ribbon and Embellishment
Perfect for Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter weddings