DIY wedding planner – To help you Plan your Stationery
Firstly CONGRATULATIONS on getting engaged!!!
That’s fantastic news and I bet you can’t wait to start planning your perfect day and live life as a married couple!
But where to start?
Well to help you we have put together a time line for you to ensure you get your Save the Date cards, Invitations, on the day wedding stationery and Thank you cards designed and made ready to get your specially selected guests to their carefully arranged place settings to share your big day.
We have put together an idealistic time frame for each stage of your wedding stationery planning:
Things you need to start:
- Guest list: how many and who? You will need to collect postal addresses for all your guests
- Colour scheme and style: to keep a theme going from start to finish with all your stationery start a scrap book of cut outs and pages from wedding magazines, or make a board on Pinterest of all your favourite images. Also see our blog on seasonal trends and styles for inspiration
- Budget: think of how much you have to spend on each stage. This will influence the final designs.
- Time: plan time to order and receive samples, practice designs and order all your materials (large orders may take 1 week, or select a next day service). Then you will need time to make everything so set aside time in your diary for each stage.
- Tools: to make your invitations we have a tools guide and starter pack for everything you need to make your professional and bespoke stationery.
- Friends and family: team up with your nearest and dearest and enjoy getting together to share the task of preparing for your big day. Set up a production line to make your stationery (and don’t forget the fizz!).
So now you ready to get started; here we go…….
Send Save the Dates
Announcement simply for the dates for your wedding, these allow you to give plenty of time to your guests to plan to attend. Give yourselves time to do any printing and designing.
Start planning your Wedding invitations.
You need to let your guests know they are officially invited and all the details; date, time, venue, theme (if you have one), travel information, parking, reception, local accommodation options, gift ideas, and those all-important RSVP’s and menu options.
The more detailed you want your invitations to look the more time you will need to plan to make them. As soon as you know your colour, theme and style you want for your wedding, we would recommend you get started as soon as possible.
Order samples and practice your final designs and price them up. Order final quantities and start making, then print your inserts once you have the final details. Look at our Wedding Hub for DIY design guides, tool, font, printing and content guides if you need help at this stage.
Send Wedding Invitations
Your Invitations are ready to go. Once sent you can start to expect RSVP’s and need to organise the responses; menu choices, confirmed guest list and start your table plan and seating arrangements.
Make Wedding Stationery
Imagine how you want your venue to look and start to create your table plans, place names, menus, order of service for the church/register office, favor boxes, guest book, post box, cards and gifts for those you want to thank and any extra decorations you want to make for the big day to decorate your venue and tables.
You can start to plan and order your thank you cards based on your RSVP’s; this will save you time after your honeymoon.
YOUR BIG DAY!
Set-up and Decorate!
Check the seating arrangements and decorations are all set… now go and get ready!!!
Enjoy! And don’t forget to collect any keep sakes as lovely memories to add to your photo album, guest book or memory book.
After your honeymoon…
Send Thank You Cards
Don’t forget to thank all your guests for their attendance and lovely well thought out gifts to celebrate your new life as a married couple! Personalize each one with reference to their gifts.
There you go, now you know what and when to get done but the key points are these:
- Plan in plenty of time! Plan for delays and mistakes in the designing and ordering process, and you will have less pressure to meet deadlines.
- Keep to your colour and themes from start to finish! This gives your guests a subtle insight to your planned wedding day through the coordinating invitations and stationery, and make for lovely mementos if they all match. Have a look in our Inspiration Gallery for ideas!